While others have been enjoying the holidays, at Advanced LED we’ve been working on to create some of the best LED grow lights in the industry. After a lot of long hours we are happy to announce the latest addition to the Advanced LED line of grow lights the new Diamond Series Extreme Veg with 100% 5w CREE XT-E LEDs for the best in vegetative growth. The new DS Extreme Veg is so powerful it produces over 50 wavelengths of blue with 50% or higher relative intensity. This light is super bright and built to compete with the Hortilux Blue.
The CREE XT-E: A Real 5w LED
Get the best vegetative growth you have ever seen and increase production without the high power and heat of a metal halide. Try one out today with our 90 day money back guarantee.
Order your Diamond Series Extreme Veg with 5w LEDs today at a special rate of $469 for the 200w EX-VEG and $799 for the 300w EX-VEG.
We also have volume discounts available for this model so make sure that you ask about this to save. We are very proud of this new LED light and know that it will help improve the growth of your plants and flowers in your indoor garden.
Call us at 1-800-401-6307 and tell our friendly staff you want the best in class DS EX-Veg with 5w CREE LEDs.
Thanks for all your support over the last 4 years!
The Entire Advanced LED Team
If you have been dreaming of having your own indoor garden where you can pick fresh herbs everyday to cook with, well then this article is for you. When it comes to starting an indoor garden and growing herbs, these are some tips that you may follow that can help.
- Lets first take a look at some easy to grow herbs for your garden. Some of the easiest herbs to grow on a windowsill include Mints, Rosemary, Geraniums, Savory, Oregano and Bay leaf tree.
- Some unusual herbs that you may try include the following, Frensham lemon, Vietnamese coriander, Tangerine sage and Sweet Pear
- For the container of your plants, experts recommend terra cotta over plastic pots. Terra cotta is said to be better because it allows the herbs to breathe more freely. Moreover, plastic pots can soak the roots with too much water. This can result to the rotting of roots. You need to remember that drainage holes in your pots are vital so the excess water can drain out.
- When it comes to the soil, it is best to have a good mix of soil for proper growing of herbs. Mixture of vermiculite, sharp builder’s sand and perlite is recommended because this mixture allows water to move freely among the roots. Another mixture that you may try includes peat, perlite and compost.
- Direct sunlight is important for your herbs to grow healthy. In general, your herbs need at least four hours of direct sunlight exposure per day. If there is no direct sunlight, you may use grow lights, which work just as well.
- As a rule, you should water your herbs whenever the soil feels dry to touch. You should regularly check for the soil moisture to make sure it is alright.
- If you want to use fertilizer for your herbs, you can try using the 20-20-20 chemical formulation or liquid fish emulsion. These fertilized mixtures can be used twice a week.
- Watch out for herb pests such as whiteflies and spider mites. When you have pest a problem, you can use insecticidal soap spray to try and get rid of them.
- Research as much as possible on the needs and requirements of the herbs that you plan to grow as this is the best way to make sure they get everything they need to grow the way they should. When you first start a garden you can’t expect to know everything so the more research you can do, the better.
These are just some useful tips that you may want to follow when it comes to growing herbs in your indoor garden. With patience and hard work, you will surely have a lush garden growing in no time.
If you are planning to build your own indoor garden, we wanted to help provide you with some simple tips that can help you. Starting your indoor garden is a lot easier than you think and more and more people are doing it as it is a fun hobby to have. To help you achieve the beautiful garden that you want, here are some useful tips that you may follow that will make indoor gardening simple:
- First of all, it is best that you start small. This is important especially for those who are not very familiar with managing plants and flowers. Starting out small at first with your garden will help you focus on your plants more. When you are buying seedlings and potted plants, first choose the plants that you want to start with. This will ensure that you will not be too overwhelmed with the responsibility entailed in having an indoor garden.
- Choose the plants that you really want. You should also consider what you want to achieve through your garden. For example, do you want to have your own garden where you can pick fresh vegetables? If yes, then you may start with small potted vegetable plants such as basil and others.
- Do not forget to consider the space that you have. Before buying seedlings, research first whether your space will be conducive for the plants and flowers that you will plant.
- Aside from the space, you should also research the water requirements for the plants you have chosen. Some plants will require regular misting to be healthy and grow well.
- You should use fertilizers at least once every 6 months. It is recommended to use organic fertilizers instead of the chemically prepared ones as it is safer.
- You should know what your plants need to grow well. For example, soil is one thing to consider having for your garden. Make sure that you research the best soil mixture for the types of plants in your garden as having the right one will make them grow better.
- Aside from the soil, you also need to be in full control of the temperature lighting and humidity. These factors are important in the development of your plants.
- Always be sure that your indoor garden has good air circulation. If the atmosphere is stagnant, you may develop pest problems. Also do not overcrowd your garden as it will make it more difficult for your plants and flowers to grow..
These are just some of the useful tips that you may follow to ensure a beautiful indoor garden with healthy plants. So, what are you waiting for? Start your personal indoor garden now and contact us if you need help with buying grow lights for it.
Indoor gardening is one of the emerging hobbies that garden enthusiasts are increasingly becoming very fond of. If you want to start your indoor garden, one of the most important things you need to purchase is a grow light to make sure they grow properly. If you have never heard of grow lights before, one of the first things you need to know is that there are different types of grow lights available in the market today with most experts recommending the LED type because of its benefits.
If you are interested in getting and LED grow light for your indoor garden, here are tips that can help you:
- Research about the plants before starting your garden. This is important because there are certain species of plants that are not suitable in an indoor garden. Some edible plants that you may try include carrots, lemons and mandarin oranges.
- Get the proper amount of lightning. If you want to ensure that your plants will grow healthier and faster.
- Check your space before starting. Even if indoor gardens can usually be placed in small spaces, it is still important that you know how much space your plants will need.
- Do not forget to hang your lights at the proper distance. When it comes to the distance of LED grow lights to your plants, it will depend on the type of your LED. If it is a full-spectrum light, the recommended distance is around 3 inches. If you have a red or blue light, distance should be around12-24 inches.
- Make sure that you do not put too much water in your plants. As a rule, do not let your plants soak from too much water. In addition to this, you also need the proper nutrients in correct amounts.
- Do not underestimate the importance of proper trimming techniques. Did you know that pruning could stimulate a plant’s flower production? Also, it may help if you will be able to identify different stages during flowering to be sure that you will know what your plants need depending on the stage.
These are just some of the tips that you may follow when it comes to your indoor garden that is utilizing LED grow lights. Indoor gardening can be very fun and rewarding if you just know how to take care of your plants. So what are you waiting for? Start your own indoor garden now and use the tips that we have listed.
Do you think that starting and maintaining an indoor garden is too expensive for you? If your answer is yes, then think again as there are actually simple, but effective ways to lower the cost of your indoor garden without sacrificing anything huge. If you are interested in starting your own indoor garden and are looking for ways to save, you can consider these following things:
- To save money, instead of buying expensive chemical-based fertilizers for you plants, you can have your own compost pit/ compost bin right at home. Set it up outside your house and let your family use it to dispose biodegradable leftovers such as vegetable and fruit peelings. Just make sure to add sawdust, grass clipping and pine straw to your bin to make sure that it will become a fertilizer. Aside from letting you save money, you will have organic fertilizer that is more ideal and healthy.
- Instead of using tap water, you can just collect rainwater to lower the operating cost of your indoor garden. You can do this by making a gutter system and connecting it to a filter and collecting drum. By doing this, you will also be able to help conserve water.
- As for grow lights, you may be thinking that you will save more if you will buy HPS and HID grow lights that are usually cheaper than a LED light. The truth is, it is the other way around. If you want to save more money in the long run, your best choice is going with a LED. First of all, the LED grow lights do not consume too much electricity so you will save on your electric bill. In addition to this, LED lights can last longer also so you will not have to change lights often. In fact, a LED light can last for up to 10 years so it really is a good long term investment. Lastly, LED lights are a very good choice if you want your plants to grow faster and healthier as compared to other options.
- If you want to save more by lowering your electric bill, you can consider installing a grow tent. The reflective-coated wall feature of grow tents can help you save on electricity by bouncing more light around your indoor garden room.
These are just some of the ways that you may do to help lower the cost of maintain your indoor garden. If you really want to start your own garden, your low budget should not hinder you as long as you know what to do with what you have.
Are you considering building a greenhouse for your plants? If your answer to this question is yes, then we have some tips that can help you out with this.
A greenhouse, which is also known as a glasshouse, is a structure where plants are grown inside. To help you understand even more the concept of using a greenhouse, we will be listing some important information that you may want to know to help you decide if you want to have one:
- Using a greenhouse for your plant can expand your gardening horizons. You can grow almost whatever plant you want any time of the year. As you may know, there are some seasonal plants, with a greenhouse, your growing season lasts all-year round.
- If the outside condition in your place makes it impossible for you to grow the plants that you want, a green house is the answer to your problem. Even if it is winter, you can still grow your plants as long as you have a greenhouse. For example, you want to have summer veggies during wintertime; you can still have them fresh from your greenhouse structure.
- Elegant greenhouses are usually seen in mansions, but what you need to know is that there are also cheap greenhouses available. Most of the time, they are available in kits, which you need to assemble. If you want, you can also build your own from scratch in order to save more money. What we are trying to say is that you do not need a huge amount of money to start your own greenhouse.
- You can grow virtually almost anything in your greenhouse. Of course, there are still exceptions, but the good thing is, the limitations are rare.
- You also need to take note that the heating system is important in greenhouses especially during the cold months of the year. The heating system increases the plant options that you can grow.
- Another important thing you need to consider is the artificial lighting fixture. It may be a limiting factor if you decide not to use your lights to extend the day during wintertime.
- The concept of greenhouses revolves around creating any environment that you want. Since you can create your own environment, you can grow almost any type of plant may it be edible and ornamental.
These are just some of the things that you need to know about when deciding if you want to us a greenhouse to help you grow your plants. If you are looking for a good place to house the plants that you want to grow, a greenhouse is your best option.
When it comes to buying a grow light, one of the things that you need to look at is the spectral output of these lights sources. With an indoor garden you would preferably want a light that is as close to the Sun as possible as it will help your plants and flowers grow better. We have talked about our new LED grow light the ARC Series before and how it is able to produce almost the same power as the Sun but use less electricity. Instead of just talking about how it can do this, we also wanted to show so you can see for yourself how powerful this grow light really is. We recently did some tests with our spectrometer and compared the spectral outputs for the Full Sun , the 600w HPS grow light, the DS XML 350 grow light and the Arc Series White Module and the results speak for themselves. As you can see, out of all of the options the ARC Series was the closest in being able to match the power of the Sun. If you are looking for a powerful grow light that can help your plants and flowers in your garden, stay tuned for more news about when we will be launching the ARC Series.
DS XML 350:
Over the years, we have seen a big change in the types of gardens people are creating to match their needs. If you are interested in starting your own garden, there are quite a few things to think about before starting. When it comes to deciding on what type of garden to stop, the key thing for you is finding the option that is the right fit. Here is a breakdown of some of the more common gardens that you can easily start to grow plants and flowers:
Basic Gardening– Under basic gardening, there are three types of gardens namely:
- Garden in Backyard- This is one of the simplest gardens to do. You just need to find a spot in your house/land that is sunny. The size available is not important. Just add plants as long as you like.
- Square-foot Garden- This is for people who do not have enough space. In this garden, 3-5 gallon pots are used.
- Raised Bed Garden- For those who enjoy DIY projects, this type of garden is for you. You will need to buy a raised bed for this.
Urban Gardening- Under urban gardening, these are some of the types of options you can consider if this is of interest to you:
- Grow Tent Garden- This is for you if you want to have a garden the simplest and fastest way possible. It comes with everything you need to grow your plants.
- Vivarium- This is a terrarium-style garden that is usually used for the more exotic types of plants.
- Closet Garden- If you want to have your own garden in your room, this is for you. You will need a grow light to ensure that your garden has adequate light.
“Out of the box” Gardening- For out of box gardening, these are some of the more popular options to consider:
- Trailer Garden- As the name implies, it is a garden within a trailer.
- Rooftop Garden- If you are thinking of a way to use your rooftop, you may want to build your own garden there.
With all of these different options for a garden, the main things that will be needed to make sure that the plants and flowers that you are trying to grow do so well, it takes:
- 1. Light- As we all know, plants need light for photosynthesis. If there is no natural light available, you can use grow lights for your indoor garden.
- 2. Air- This also includes carbon dioxide, temperature and humidity.
- 3. Water– This is also necessary for the plant’s life. You can use fresh water or rainwater.
- 4. Fertilizer– This is usually composed of grass clippings, leaves and organic kitchen waste.
- 5. Substrate- Acts as long-term nutrition storage for plants.
There you have it! Like mentioned before, when starting a garden one of the most important things that you will need to do is figuring out which is the best option for you.
Let’s be honest, LED grow lights aren’t cheap. Due to this, it is important that you take care of your LED grow lights so you can protect your investment. If you are wondering how this is possible, there is actually a simple way to ensure that your grow lights are protected. We are talking about the use of a power stabilizer. In this article, we will be tackling everything that you need to know about power stabilizers and LED grow lights in general. It is important for indoor gardeners to know about the two in order to have a smooth and successful indoor gardening hobby.
Before going into details about the power stabilizer, we will first discuss the advantages of getting LED grow lights.
- If you have LED grow lights, you will not need ballasts, reflectors, heat venting systems and air-conditioning. This is very important if you are looking for saving more money in the long run. The capital expenditure may not be very cheap, but it will let you save money by lowering operational costs.
- LED grow lights can decrease your electricity consumption. In fact, with LED, you can expect up to 60% less when it comes to consumption. This is a big advantage especially nowadays when the price for electricity is very high.
- Another advantage of LED grow lights is the heat that they emit. Since it can be placed near the plants, it is more efficiently used.
These are just some of the advantages of LED grow lights and why they are so popular for indoor gardens. With going over the advantages of owning a LED grow light, it is now time to discuss what power stabilizer’s are and how they can protect your light. To protect your grow lights, power stabilizers are a great investment and something you should consider buying. The main purpose of the stabilizer is to regulate the voltage coming from your power box. Regulating the voltage is very important to avoid power fluctuations as voltage fluctuations can damage your grow lights.
These power drivers power the diodes of your grow lights. Also, it is important to ensure that there should be no down time during the critical stages of growth. This is the same for people who use solar power for their grow rooms as the system may also have power spikes and surges as well. If you want to protect your LED investment, you can purchase a power stabilizer that costs only around $20-50.
Did you know that you don’tt need a large backyard in order to grow some of your favorite vegetables? One thing that you can do instead of growing vegetables outside is to start an indoor vegetable garden even if your indoor growing space is not that spacious.
If you are worrying that an indoor garden will not produce the same quality vegetables as growing outside, think again. In fact some vegetables even grow better indoors and may be attributed to these reasons:
- Indoor, you have more control when it comes to temperature and humidity unlike when growing plants outdoors.
- The risk of your vegetables to be infested by pests is not that high.
- The risk of acquiring different diseases of plants is also not high.
- Most vegetables grow faster indoors if in a good environment.
Now, it is time to list the tips that can help you start an indoor vegetable garden. The guidelines listed below also contain some important things that you need to consider when starting one.
- First of all, you need to choose where to grow your vegetables. You can use the traditional soil or the water-based hydroponics system. If your space is really limited, it is better to use water instead of soil because it will take up less space. However, if you are just a newbie in gardening, it is recommended that you use soil because it is less technical and generally easier to maintain.
- If you will put your vegetables in a place where there is no natural light from the sun, you need to buy grow lights. Grow lights are important to make sure that your vegetables will grow healthy. According to reviews, the two most effective types of grow light are HPS and LED. One advantage of LED is that it does not produce too much heat that can burn the leaves of your plant. If you are using LED, a blue-colored wavelength spectrum is recommended for vegetables.
- Make sure that you provide your plant with enough water. To know if you have given enough, you can do the pat test. Pat the soil to check for dampness. If after patting, you notice soil in your fingers, it means that the soil is damp and you do not need to water it again.
These are just some of the tips that you can follow when it comes to starting your own indoor vegetable garden. Good luck and happy planting!